Waiting in the grocery store checkout line is actually a pleasure IF there are magazines. The other day I was waiting to check out, flipping through the latest greatest, and found a cute idea. I believe it was in Country Living my apologies for not being certain. Anyway, the stocking was made of burlap (big buzzword these days) and was stitched around the edges with a contrasting yarn. I did my best, memory struggles and all, to make my own version (with the addition of the initial).
- draw desired stocking pattern with pencil onto burlap
- cut stocking out of two layers of fabric with selvage being at the top edge of the stocking
- pin grosgrain ribbon initial in place and stitch around
- machine stitch two pieces of fabric together, right side out, turning top down about 1 1/2"
- hand stitch around edges using contrasting yarn
- attach loop at top using grosgrain ribbon
- unravel edges and trim it a bit