Friday, December 18, 2009

A Greensboro Tradition

I'm wishing that I could bring all of my blogging friends to Greensboro for a night.  Magic took place here several years ago when a college student came home for the holidays and shared an idea with her family.   She had seen a lighted ball hanging from a tree and wanted to make one for her own yard.  And so the story begins.  A story that has become quite a tradition here in Greensboro, one that gives back to the community in many ways.


Every year our family hops in the car and heads for Ridgeway Drive in Sunset Hills, a neighborhood one mile from home.  I cannot accurately describe to you what the drive is like, but I will try.  To paint the picture you must first know that this is an older neighborhood with giant old trees that reach over the streets.  These lighted balls are launched up into the highest branches and hang there creating a truly magical display.



When you have a few minutes, grab a cup of coffee, hot chocolate, glass of wine, whatever you enjoy and watch this sweet video.  I promise you will not regret it.
Lighted Christmas Balls

To learn how to make the balls click here. 

4 comments :

  1. How neat and what a wonderful cause!

    We live in Raleigh but have friends out in Greensboro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pk @ Room Remix
    That is so cool! They make such a beautiful display and the video makes you feel a bit like you're driving down the street enjoying them too. :-) Have a good weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. Gosh, I love blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Oh how I love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FALL REFRESH