Part of accepting the award is sharing seven things about myself. Let's see, is there anything I haven't already yammered on and on about? Honestly, my life is boring, and I'm OK with that. Here goes nothing...
2. I am an only child and growing up I always wanted a brother. Being blessed with two wonderful boys, I feel like my wish came true. After having such a girlie childhood it is nice to get to know the other side a little more. Besides, I love eating mass quantities of food and watching sports movies :)
3. I have always had a dog. Always. There was Bob, Lady, Boots, Babs, Gretchen, Greta, Whitman, Cosmo, and now Mattie Gray. I simply cannot imagine life without a dog. They are truly man's best friend.
4. I love fresh sheets. Every Friday I wash the sheets and give them a spritz of lavender linen spray. Love.
5. I love being near water whether it is the ocean, a river, a lake, or a pool. The summer between 3rd and 4th grade, my family, along with several college students, boarded a 40 foot yacht and sailed to the Bahamas. There were no showers on the boat so when we wanted to bathe, we lathered up with dish detergent and jumped into the ocean. We did our own cooking and slept in bunk beds down below. Can you imagine being on a boat with 12 other people for 7 days?
6. By nature, I am an early bird. Morning is my time and ideally I would naturally wake up by 6:30 without an alarm. If I could go to bed every night at 9:00, that would make me happy. During the week, we are still gathered around the dinner table at 9:00.
7. This probably comes as no surprise, but I am happiest when I am with my family.
Now for the part where I feel like I'm planning a pajama party and can only invite 10 people when I really want to invite 100. Some have already received the award.
Loft & Cottage
For the Love of a House
Between You & Me
Frugal Farmhouse Design
As part of accepting the award and spreading the blog love, they'll...
1. Thank and link back to the person that awarded them.
2. Share seven things about themselves.
3. Pay it forward to 10 (or so) recently discovered bloggers.4. Contact those bloggers about the award!