Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's Special Guest: Cassie from "Primitive & Proper"

 I hope you all had a great weekend!  This week my family and I are in sunny Palm Springs and I have some special guest bloggers lined up while I unplug.

Today I welcome the incredibly talented Cassie from the blog Primitive & Proper.  If you ever need help with furniture makeovers, this is your girl.  Thank you for joining us today Cassie!

~~~~~

Hello, lovely Cottage & Vine readers!  I am so excited to be here today.  I have been a follower and "friend" of Rene's for quite some time.  I think she is one of the most real, honest, and down to earth bloggers out there, and I love her for that.  Oh, and did I mention I love her distinct style?  Well, I do.


I am Cassie from Primitive and Proper, where I blog about my home, furniture makeovers (I run a furniture business), and some crafty dabblings. I am mom of 2 wonderful children, Sawyer & Emmy, and wife to Chris, my best friend.  Oh, and let's not forget Charlie, our 11 year old beagle, and Jake, our 7 year old bagel (basset beagle mix).  I teach classes at the gym several days a week, run the kids all over, and paint furniture.  In short, I do not sit still very well for too long.
Since Rene just revealed her fantabulous dining room (are you in love with it, too?) I thought I would share my dining room with you today.  It's one of the rooms I love the most.  It has a soft neutral palette, and blends a rustic dining table, modern dining chairs, French china cabinets, and mid century modern pieces as well.
We have a split foyer, so there is a very small entry... I use the area at the top of our stairs as a little extra entry area.  It is attached to the dining room.  The mirror was a $10 auction find that I added mirror to, and the mid century pieces I found at Goodwill, painted, and added faux bois paper to the back of.  I have a little owl thing, so I have some of my owls hanging out on the woodsy shelves.  I feel like it's just like home for them. :)


 This image gives you an idea of where the doorway of the home is (to the left of the railing), as well as the color palette.  The dining table came from Crate & Barrel- it was partial gift from my parents for our first wedding anniversary.  The white chairs came from Overstock.com, and the gray end chairs were free off craigslist.  I just painted them.  Our curtains are from West Elm and are currently on clearance!



 I found this cabinet at the Salvation Army, and painted it white, distressed and antiqued it, and painted the interior a blue I mixed.  My Great Nana's milk glass is proudly on display here.


 This cabinet was a $25 Craigslist find that I painted a warm white, distressed and antiqued and painted the interior gray.  This cabinet displays beautiful china that I inherited from my Nana.



 I keep the dining table pretty clutter free since we sit here for homework, and do art projects here sometimes.  For now it has these green glass candlesticks I purchased a couple years ago on clearance from Anthropologie and a chubby green bird my friend gave me for Christmas.



I hope you have enjoyed the tour of my dining room!
Rene, thank you so much for having me today!  I hope you will come visit me soon at...



 ~~~~~

Cassie, you also have a style that is all your own, and I just love it!  The way you combine traditional, cottage, and modern styles is a gift.  Thank you for sharing it with us today!

18 comments :

  1. Oh, love her re-finished vintage finds-- those china cabinets are beautiful! And such a great idea to have two of them in there flanking the window! Happy Monday! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. two of my favourite girls in one place? You've made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie,
    I LOVE your dining room!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Cassie! I love your style and really love those great dining room chairs you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your eclectic style, and the modern dining room chairs are such a fun addition! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love all of the vintage cabinets that you've freshened up...and the faux bois paper backing is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your eclectic mix of rustic and modern. Those chairs and table look great together. You do fantabulous work on furniture too, Cassie! I was so happy to find your blog when I did. There weren't many out there that focused on painted furniture. You have a darling family! Thanks for sharing your dining room! It's perfect!

    XO,
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Thanks for sharing your dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great use of space! Thanks for linking up to my dining room party :)

    http://houseography.blogspot.com/2011/04/house-tour-room-by-room-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous dining room and I LOVE the bird accents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! It is no surprise to Cassie how much I love her style! She rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Rene is drinking cocktails with umbrella's in them by the pool....And Cassie you DR is so cute! Love the painted china cabinets....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your dining room Cassie! How cool that you are guest posting here today, Rene is one of the sweetest, like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cassie, I heart your style. So chic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing vacation, Rene. I love Cassie's dining room. The china cabinets are beautifully done with the soft blue on the inside. She's really done a wonderful job with her home and has an adorable family! You both are lovely women!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the mix of styles in your dining room!! It's beautiful! I love love love that white china cabinet with blue inside, gorgeous!! I am visiting from Houseography dining room house tour party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color palette is so soft and appealing. The china cabinets look fab!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you so much for all your nice comments! and special thanks to rene for having me here- hope you have/had a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...