One of my readers recently asked about the topiary in our family room and it reminded me that I never shared the new and improved topiary with you.
If you have been following my blog for a while you might remember this project when I made my first attempt at DIY topiary.
Kind of pathetic isn't it? Looks like a puppy that hasn't grown into it's feet or something. I lived with it like this until I couldn't take it any more. Finally I picked up a few bunches of faux boxwood at Hobby Lobby hoping to make the scale a little better.
I don't have a picture of the steps, but here is what I did...
The faux boxwood comes in long branches and I cut off the individual stems because I wanted my topiary to be full and to scale. Once I had all of the pieces cut ( I think it took 1 1/2- 2 branches per topiary) I began hot gluing the ends and placing the boxwood into the foam ball until it was filled in.
And that, my dears, is the compelling story about how my puppy grew into it's feet. Ha! Have fun kiddos!