Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Lovely Arrangement

Yesterday when I returned home from a client meeting, my sweet husband surprised me with a flower arrangement from one of my favorite florists, Randy McManus.



What really surprised me was that Rick took this container from our home in to have the arrangement made specifically for the vase. 


For any of you who may be flower lovers and want the details, the foliage inside the vase is cast iron plant.


We have a ton of this planted at the base of our David Austin rose and you better believe I will be storing this idea for later use.


In addition to the white hydrangeas, I love the spikes of willow which add to the drama making this such a striking arrangement.

If you are interested in flower arranging, you might want to visit my blogging friend Camille.  Camille is quite the expert when it comes to arranging flowers.  She shares many great tips and has such a creative flair.

19 comments :

  1. How sweet of your husband! Beautiful arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty arrangement! Pussy willow and hydrangea are a lovely combination. I use hosta leaves to line my containers also for special events... now if they'd only start growing this spring!!!! ~KIM @ Sand & Sisal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband must be a very sweet man. And what a lovely arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love those! i just love pussywillows. they remind me of my childhood . my friend and i would go through fields near her house to a creek where they grew and cut them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Rene! I can't imagine a guy thinking to bring a vase from home! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely -- both the arrangement, AND the thought that went into arranging for it!
    Husbands who surprise us with flowers are keepers.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  7. A birthday perhaps????
    What a sweet husband and beautiful arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am no flower arranger {that's for sure} but took a class one time and learned so much in just one hour. It really is an artform that I have a whole new respect for. Such a pretty arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Love the arrangement!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet of your husband and a gorgeous arrangement! My mom and I had taken a weekend flower arranging course and really enjoyed it. Like Courtney mentioned, it is such an art. Happy Wednesday, Rene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! And three cheers for your sweet hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO beautiful and what a lucky girl you are! Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the rest of the day. Jalon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any man who surprises his wife with flowers is a very good one in my book. Very cool floral design from your favorite shop. Thanks for the shout-out, Rene! It was sweet of you to mention me.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flowers out of nowhere......no special occasion? I'm not sure I understand????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, flowers for no reason. Loving him working from home now with lunches together nice surprises like this. Such a sweetie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweetie! I love the arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So romantic - to be surprised with flowers - what a lovely husband!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the way everything is designed! SImply amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...