Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap

Is it me or do the weekends fly by faster than ever?  I hope you had a great one and were able to do all the things you enjoy.  Ours was busy, but good.

Mostly filled with things like this....


We did manage to sneak in a nice Sunday dinner on the deck last night.  If you are a chocolate lover, you might want to try this recipe.  We topped it with vanilla bean ice cream right out of the oven.  Lordy, I nearly hurt myself eating it...



In other random news, the knockout roses are off to a great start this year...


Later in the week, we have someone coming to install the stair runner.  We decided to leave this one to the professionals, but I will take lots of pictures and ask lots of questions in case any of you want to try this yourselves.  Have a great day!

10 comments :

  1. emmy and i just planted a couple knockout roses. this house had no roses- tons of peonies though! and emmy and i wanted our knockouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics this morning. I have a LAX player too! An exciting game that is sofun to watch! Love your roses...so pretty! Have a great Monday ~ Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photos today. I am envious of the roses. All of our neighbors have beautifully blooming roses and ours are barely starting. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your roses are beautiful! A pretty backyard, Rene. Oh my goodness, that dessert looks decadent. I may need to skip dinner and head straight to dessert. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each time you share photos of your gardens, I have to hold back my jealousy. The roses are gorgeous, as is your flagstone (?) patio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments friends! Ashley, do not be jealous. All I did was plant the roses - they did the rest. Knockouts are really cheater roses ;)

    -René

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roses look amazing! Glad you had a great weekend...and I'm soooo looking forward to your stair runner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous of your roses! I want to plant some but am still figuring out my yard and what to put where. It's a (very long!) work in progress. The dessert looks to die for - I've cut sweets to get ready for the pool opening in an alarmingly short amount of time, but will definitely give it a try on a cheat day~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a nice weekend Rene, you're roses are beautiful and I'm off to check out the incredible looking dessert you mentioned. More chocolate is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My spring has been a whole lot of that first pic and not near enough of the last pic. How's his team doing?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FALL REFRESH