Monday, October 29, 2012

"Re" Arranging Flowers

It is no secret that fresh flowers are one of my favorite things. Over the weekend I freshened up the arrangement that my in-laws gave me for my birthday. As much as I liked the existing arrangement, I really like to see flowers arranged by color. It makes more of a visual statement in my opinion.



Here is what I do to make flowers last longer:

1.  Remove the extra greenery from the florist.
2.  Trim about an inch from the bottom of each flower stem at an angle.
3.  Clean the vase and refill with water + 1 teaspoon of bleach.


By dividing the flowers I was able to create three different groupings, easy!




9 comments :

  1. So funny, I do the same thing. My sweet husband will bring home a beautiful bouquet of flowers and I will immediately start tearing it apart. He just expect is now. It also gets 3-4 small bouquets out of one large one. The more the merrier! Love your arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to agree--plus, you managed to turn one pretty bouquet into three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have cheerful memories in almost every room! Very well done!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I love the pink arrangement. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Rene...I do the same thing. You get flowers in three places instead of one and I like the colors grouped together so much more.

    Have a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet of your in-laws. Pretty flowers. I do the same thing Rene and arrange the same colors together. I love having fresh flowers in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great way to stretch a bouquet! They look so lovely. I just picked a bunch of roadside wildflowers and arranged them in a pitcher. They may not last long but they were free :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love one color arrangements too! Thanks for the tips on keeping them alive longer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rene...that is exactly what I like to do! Plus go out back and butcher a few shrubs along with!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FALL REFRESH