Monday, December 10, 2012

I Need a Weekend...

Three consecutive weekends away from home is a bit too much for me - especially around Christmas.  I am so looking forward to this coming weekend and being home, hopefully catching up, and relaxing?  Last weekend was an absolute blast.  Sadly, our weekends in the mountains have come to an end for the year as the house was winterized and closed up until next spring.  Mom and I were able make wreaths together.  (You know that she is the wreath master right?)

 
The weather was nice (even for the mountains) and we were able to do our work outside.  I need to find the perfect place to hang my wreath and will share pictures when I get my act together.


We went to a new (to us) tree farm and found our tree.  For the first time in 3 years all four of us were able to do this together.  This mama was happy about that ;).  And yes, the sign is correct.  They were trying to get rid of the larger trees and were practically giving them away!  Trees upwards of 10 feet even.  Crazy!


Once we finally made it home late yesterday, we began decorating.  Currently our house looks like we are moving with boxes everywhere.  I'm sure you can relate.

So, how was your weekend?

9 comments :

  1. How fun to get your tree with all 4 of you! I understand how special that is, especially when the kids are older. Can't wait to see your decorations!

    Have a good day Rene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your decor, I always LOVE your simple and classic style ~ maybe the ticket is not having enough time to get out too much stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great deal on trees. Love the ornaments in your lantern. Can't wait to see where you hang your boxwood wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dining room lantern looks great with the ornaments inside! Love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were also away so I know how you feel. We came home a bit early and I managed to get through some laundry; now I need to find time to bake Christmas cookies. BTW, I have a slight wreath obsession, so I'm definitely checking out that top photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a whole new respect for your mom and her boxwood wreath skills. I tried to make some for my living room and while I love them, they definitely channel Charlie Brown and his Christmas tree. I love the ornaments in your lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love your lantern with the balls! I can't wait to see the wreath! You are unbelievable, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe the price on those trees!!! Spending the weekend away in the mountains sounds just lovely. Hope you enjoyed the time up there and wreath making with your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you give step by step directions for making the wreath and supplies? How long do they normally last inside? I know outside it depends on the weather. I live in Florida.Thanks. Your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...