Friday, December 14, 2012

My Kitchen Window

I'll be honest, I'm always stumped with what to do in our kitchen window.  You'd think that a bay window would be ideal for the area behind the kitchen sink.  It is easy to water plants and I do keep a big pot of succulents there most of the year.  Around the holidays I like to make it make festive though.


Color lovers, you'll be happy to know that I forced myself to add a little color this year.  And if I'm being honest, I do like seeing a little bit of red.  My apologies for the blurry picture.  


This is the wreath that I made with Mom last weekend.  It is hung with jute twine on a small nail.  Nothing fussy, but it serves its purpose.


Normally I plant paper whites & amaryllis early in the season, but this year I waited until the last minute and had to search high and low for them.  I found the amaryllis at Home Depot and the rosemary at Earth Fare.

Decorating is officially finished here and I'm ready to begin baking and slowing the pace a little.    Can you believe Christmas is in eleven days?!

Be sure to stop by later for a new giveaway announcement.  Have a great weekend!

6 comments :

  1. it looks perfect- the deer completes me. i mean the window he completes the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it to pieces! And I'm with Cassie, don't be surprised if you find that deer missing one morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Rene. Perfect spot for the deer. Your window looks very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I don't have any red in my home....I do love it at Christmas time! You did good girl.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rene ~ I love love love this spot ~ Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and read each and every one. Your questions will be answered here or you can email me at cottageandvine@triad.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FALL REFRESH